Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) and the Department of Transport (DOT) – Abu Dhabi, requires all private schools in Abu Dhabi to offer transportation to and from school to their students in accordance with their official guidelines. In order to comply with this we are committed to offering students a safe reliable and professional transport service.
Fast Rent a Car (Operator) is our authorized transportation provider for Sunrise English Private School (School) and we have established a contract with them to ensure that they deliver acceptable standards on all the buses they provide.
Responsibilities of Parents and Students
- The parents are requested to bring the students to the pick-up point at least 5 minutes before the designated pick-up time of the bus, and also to be at the pick-up point at least 5 minutes before the designated drop-off time in order to avoid delay for the remainder of the students on the bus. Please note that the bus driver will not wait beyond designated time. In case students below the age of 12 years, if there is no one at the drop off point with whom to leave the student then the student will stay on the bus as it continues its journey and the and the bus supervisor will seek to contact the parents to arrange an alternate drop off point. If all attempts fail to contact the parents the student will be brought back to the school and it will be the responsibility of the parent to pick up the student from the school. Parents of all students of Grade 6 and below will be issued with two Guardian cards by the School. It is essential to produce the Guardian card to receive the student at the drop off point. The students can be received by the parents / relatives / parents of other students / maids or any other authorized adult with the Guardian card. It is mandatory that the adult with the Guardian card is present to collect the students of KG1 to Grade 6.
- Please note that the bus supervisors will not be allowed to leave the bus except in emergency cases. Under no circumstance will the conductor escort a student from the bus to the front door of the student’s home. A parent or appointed guardian must escort the student from the bus to the front door of the student’s home. For students of the age of 12 years and above and whose parents have no objection to their child being dropped off without a parent or guardian receiving the student at the drop off point, a written request. MUST be provided at the time of the bus service registration. The No Objection Format is available on the school website.
- The buses will depart at the designated time from the school. Should a student miss the bus for any reason then it will be the responsibility of the parent(s) to come and pick the student up from school.
- In case a student desires to be dropped off at another stop after school, whether on the same or different route then, he/she will be required to present a written request from the parent to the bus supervisor of the bus in the morning, who in turn will hand it to the transport coordinator at the school for approval. The transport coordinator will confirm the request with the parent(s) and accommodate if possible. The student will be informed of the decision during the school day. If the parent wishes for their ward to return back at a later return trip, in-order to accompany the elder sibling, a written request MUST be submitted to Transport coordinator, at the time of bus service registration. The request will ONLY be approved subject to School’s approval and based on seat availability in the bus plying for that specific route and time.
- Parents must be notify the school & bus company in writing of their desire to change to a different bus route at least two weeks in advance. The request form for Change of Location will be available on the school website. Provision of transport service due to change in location will be subject to the availability of seats on established routes. Fees as applicable to the new pick up area as per the fee structure will apply.
- If student is found to have caused damage to the bus or the property or belongings of a fellow student then, the parent(s) will be required to compensate adequately for the repair or replacement of the damaged item. The bus company will provide an incident report along with an invoice to be settle.
- For safety reasons, students will refrain from eating and drinking on the bus, except for water.